Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

GOVERNMNET SHUTDOWN

As we all heard all over the news the government is going through a shutdown, and this hasn't happened in over 17 years.  This shutdown is affecting thousands, if not millions of people all over the U.S. Honestly in my opinion this actions are pretty stupid. In many of the blogs and other sources I have read so far, the government looks like two little kids fighting over a toy. They do not want to pass a budget and decide to shut government down and maybe if they shut it down it would affect enough people that it would make Obama-care to go away and disappear.  In my opinion is a great act and a great opportunity, but hey who's listening to me right? Apparently the government is not listening to any of us, and we are supposed to be the ones making the decisions. Honestly I think the solution for people like us would be to gather up and make ourselves be heard. It might not work at first but hey, we are a small group writing blogs about this, maybe if others outside class read this, they might jump in share and so on, until we get enough people involved that it would be impossible for the government not to listen, and also it would make it harder to shut us up.    

1 comment:

  1. I think the comparison between the government and the little kids fighting over a toy is accurate as well as comical. I have not thought of that as a way to describe it but it fits the situation perfectly. I agree with you on the fact that people need to band together and make their voices heard.

    ReplyDelete